If you’re a server administrator, you probably need to ping the storage administrator every time you want to deploy a new VM. That complicates the VM provisioning process and slows it down.
On the flip side, if you’re the storage administrator, you are probably barraged by requests every time a server administrator wants to spin-up a new VM. You’ve got to be involved to make sure that the storage is correctly provisioned and deployed, or carve off additional LUNs.
Fulfilling administrators’ wish lists
If you’re the server administrator, wouldn’t it be great to be able to deploy new VMs on-demand without having to recruit storage administrators?
Likewise, if you’re the storage administrator, wouldn’t it be awesome if server administrators could handle their own storage needs, with the assurance that storage will be deployed without risk?
This is what Virsto does.
The Virsto storage hypervisor lets server administrators provision and manage storage, safely and effectively. From a tab in the familiar management interface in both Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware vCenter, Virsto allows server administrators to automatically provision new VMs and virtualized storage in just three seconds, not 20 minutes.
So, whether you’re a server admin or a storage admin, your job just got easier. And that’s just the beginning.
See what you can do with Virsto
- Faster, more efficient rollback and testing with unlimited high performance snapshots and clones, and unlimited read/write copies from different points in time
- Live migration of VMs for high availability failover, workload balancing and maintenance purposes
- High-performance snapshot backup of cluster-aware virtual disks using native hypervisor snapshot APIs
- Support for volumes greater than 2TB in size
- Allocated storage that’s automatically returned to the storage pool upon clone/VM deletion
- Bulk operations like create, delete, mount and unmounts for thousands of storage objects. Virsto gives you simple, wizard-driven processes that have the look and feel of the native hypervisor management environment.
- Storage tiering provides additional flexibility in deliver guaranteed QoS for workloads. Virsto supports up to four tiers of storage in the Virsto vPool.